Delicious bread alternative
If you are on a low carb diet such as the Keto diet or you simply decided to go gluten free,
then you surely must have heard about the new 90 second keto bread craze, or some version of it anyway.
Apparently, you can even make some quick cake in a mug recipes. They to only take 90 seconds to cook.
Any how, I must admit that I did not try any of those recipes yet since I don’t eat much sweets anymore.
As for the Gluten free 90 second keto bread in a mug recipe, I did try it out and even experimented with it quite a lot.
Here is my take on the alternative to normal gluten filled bread.
First, let me tell you that I cannot stop eating my delicious 90 second keto bread.
In fact, every morning, I make myself one, accompanied by a bowl of freshly cut fruits .
You see, I’m a great fan of fresh, hot, moist bread, so let me tell you that it doesn’t get any fresher then that!
Here is the recipe for the 90 second keto bread and some suggestions you can try.
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tbs almond flour, or sorghum flour, or tapioca flour, or cornmeal(gives it a great texture)
- 1 tbs olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbs milk of your choice (soy, almond, cashew) and if you want your bread to be super moist, almost juicy, add 1/2 tbs of milk of your choice
- 1/4 ts baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
Start by beating the egg in the cup.
Then add all the other ingredients. Stir well, until there is no more lumps.
Cook in the microwave for 90 sec. or for a dryer bread 1min.40sec.
Make sure that you put the cup in the middle of the microwave, unless you want a lopsided bread.
This is what it will look in the cup.
Once cooked, I cut the funnel bread in 2-3 slices…
…and drown them in butter!
afterward, I put my favorite home made uncooked jam and VOILÀ!
- If you do the bread with the coconut flour and the sorghum flour, your bread will almost rise to the top of the mug, and will give you at least 3-4 slices of bread.
- If you do the recipe with the coconut and the almond flour(my fav) then the bread will be much smaller and yield only 2-3 slices.
- Also, in the coco and almond version, if you want it mega moist, add 1/2 tbsp of milk of your choice and cook for 90 seconds or 1min40 for a slightly dryer bread.
- Lastly, for an amazing subtle taste of coconut, use the coconut oil instead of the olive oil, believe me you will fall in love with this version.
Some prefer to toast the bread. I tried both ways for a while and settled on the plain version.
Here are a few extra info your might be interested in knowing:
1 tbsp coconut flour=30 cal
1 tbsp almond flour=53 cal
1 tbsp sorghum flour=61 cal
1 tbsp wheat flour=28 cal
1 tbsp cornmeal=36 cal
1tbsp tapioca flour=22 cal
1 tbsp coconut oil=117 cal
1 tbsp olive oil=119
1 tbsp sugar=48
1 tbsp butter=102
1/2 tsp baking powder=0
1 tbsp almond milk=5 cal
1 tbsp soy milk=8
1 tbsp milk 3.25%=9
1 raw egg=72
On average, a 90 second keto mug bread will be around 275 calories (without the butter)
I would love to get your take on this recipe, leave me your comments, suggestions and pictures in the comment section below.
Until next time!
Carole St-Laurent from greatday2start.com